Are you a Financial Adviser looking for an acquisition exit strategy with a highly successful IFA firm based just outside of Watford?
- Our client is directly authorised by the FCA, with open architecture to access all platforms and providers; they predominantly use Old Mutual Wealth platform with 5 separate model portfolios according to clients’ attitude to risk.
- With over 35 years of experience in helping clients achieve their aims, ambitions and aspirations, the firm consists of two IFA’s with back office paraplanning/administration support
- The firm are servicing c200 active clients with £30m of Funds under Management with an average holding of c£150k
- Clients receive quarterly fund performance with minimum of one annual review meeting
- Opportunity for clients to meet at their town centre premises situated south of Watford, on the border of Hertfordshire / North London Borough, or in their homes or via Zoom video conferencing
- Following Covid-19 their clients have become used to using video conferencing such as Zoom and Teams, where they anticipate in the future being able to absorb additional clients, through greater efficiency of time of not having to go out to meet as many clients whom they have already built a strong personal relationship
- New business fees are generally 2% – 3% and their ongoing adviser charge is generally 1% with some fixed fees; typical TER to include platform and fund charge is 1.7% to 2.2%
- They are negotiating on their asset management model which anticipates an improvement of 30 bps, which could be passed on to the client
- As Independent Financial Advisers, they have access to a wide range of products and services – as opposed to a Restricted Agent, who may only advise and offer products from the company they represent. This means that they are able to give clients impartial advice and recommend the most appropriate products for them
Exit Strategy Option
- Sell and go with handover support
- Multiples of 3 to 4 times recurring income with expectation of 50% upfront followed by deferred payments of 25% at 12 and 24 months
- Longer earnout available if required, e.g. over 5 – 6 years
This is an ideal opportunity if:
- The average value of your client bank is greater than £100k
- You want your clients to retain their existing investment mandates through Open Architecture
- You prefer a smaller boutique IFA firm to acquire your clients who are approachable, and pride themselves on the relationships they develop with individuals, families and businesses, and firmly believe in offering the expertise they need and the high quality service they deserve
- Clients want to enjoy more choice, value for money, and receive their high-quality service
- Watford (Hertfordshire, Essex and North London area)
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.