Are you a Financial Advisor / Owner with £20m – £200m of funds under management and looking to sell your business to a first-class IFA business which has been established for over 70 years?!
Sell and retire
This acquirer is happy with Financial Advisors looking to retire or exit financial services. They would expect the retiring advisor to help with handover meetings to the new advisor to help make it a smooth transition.
Sell and stay
They are also open to Financial Advisors who are looking to retire in 2-4 years but looking to create a capital event now and bed your clients into the acquiring firm. This helps de-risk yourself as an Owner / Financial Advisor and by having you stay post sale on well paid salaries, it also helps minimise client attrition.
Acquisition Deal Value
They will use a multiple of valuation methods depending on the size of the target firm. For smaller business, they will use a multiple of recurring income which is typically 3x – 4x recurring income paid over 2 years with 50% upfront, 25% at 12 months and 25% at 24 months. For larger businesses, they will be looking at using an adjusted EBITDA multiple of 6x – 7x.
Happy with share and asset purchases.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors who:
- Want your clients to be looked after by an independent financial advice firm
- Only want to sell to a firm with the funds available in the bank
- Are seeking a deal which is non-contingent to clients moving across to any CIP or changes in existing fee structure
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- £20m – £200m
- Ideally, the client bank will have no or few DB Transfers
This independent financial advice firm was established over 70 years ago and is made up of 23 IFA’s across the South of England. Following consistent organic growth and acquisitions over the years, they have now been acquired by one of the UK’s largest consolidators while being left to run as they always have just as a HUB. Therefore, they now have considerable financial backing to ramp up their acquisition activity.
Financial Advisor Client Acquisition Benefits
- Independent advice with open architecture
- Extremely strong financials to cover deferred payments
- Deals are non-contingent to moving across to their CIP / inhouse DFM
- They will honour existing charging structures
- Will be appointing a dedicated acquisition team to support the smooth transition of clients to maximise retention
- Tried and tested acquisition model having already completed on numerous deals with a further 3 in pipeline
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 or click Apply
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any valuation calculations and percentage of up front and deferred payments are given in good faith and Premier Jobs UK Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Premier Jobs UK Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Premier Jobs UK Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.