Are you a Financial Advisor based in South Wales seeking retirement from financial services?
The Acquiring Company
This Independent financial advice business was established in 2004. They are Directly Authorised with the FCA. Their team consists of 15 individuals, including a Chartered Technical Services Manager who also acts as the firm’s Pension Transfer Specialist as well as responsibility for oversight and sign-off of complex pension advice. In addition, the firm has a personal taxation specialist.
They advise over 400 active clients with combined £70 million of Funds under Management. Most of these are spread across South Wales. As a result of an acquisition of a Bristol based IFA which was successfully integrated into the business 5 years ago, some clients will be Bristol based.
Their head office is approximately 15 miles north of Cardiff and is ideally placed for acquisitions across South Wales and Mid Wales.
They have a panel of Platform providers, although no real affinity to any one provider and thus have genuine open architecture which is an important plus point for acquiring your client bank. Their most used platforms are Standard Life, Fidelity, Transact and Aegon. They use EValue risk profiler. Typical passive funds are via Vanguard and Black Rock. Their typical DFMs used are Quilter Cheviot, Brooks McDonald and Rathbones.
Available Acquisition Options:
Sell and Retire
This would suit a Financial Advisor looking to give up being an Authorised Adviser, although be available for handover meetings to ensure there is a smooth transition.
Sell and Stay as a Financial Advisor
This option would suit Financial Advisors looking to stay on for up to 1 – 2 years to fully embed the transition of clients.
Acquisition Deal Value
Offering competitive acquisition deals of typically 3 to 3.5 times recurring income payment structure of 50% upfront and 2 deferred payments of 25% at 12 and 24 months plus a modest salary for Advisers staying on post sale, and bonus structure to reward any new business or uplifts.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors:
- Considering retirement
- Would like a structured handover that is sensitive to your clients and have had experience of acquiring client banks in the past
- Only want to deal with a local business that is profitable with strong financials to provide peace of mind for deferred payments
- Want a firm with a Chartered Compliance Manager that will have the qualifications and experience to provide oversight for all types of financial planning needs
- Want a firm with Open Architecture, where they will leave existing investment mandates and charging structures untouched where this still meets the client’s best interests
- Fully independent
- A seamless transition which enables you to still be available in the background if they had any queries and to support the adviser – thus maximising retention of clients
- Leave clients on existing investment mandates and not disrupt anything until strong relationships have been formed.
- Confidence of financial stability for deferred payments
- Receptive to maintaining existing ongoing fees
- Their offer will include the full client bank, whereas some acquirers do not include elderly clients or clients with small portfolios
- Their aim would be to ‘hand-hold’ the client, along with the vendor, over the period, to secure the maximum hand-over numbers and continue with a quality service.
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.