Do you want to be acquired by an IFA firm that has the true desire to successfully embed your business and make it a success, rather than consolidating the clients?
- Sell and retire immediately
- Sell with stay on post sale as Employed Financial Advisers
- Provide your business with the capital required to take it to the next level via equity participation to share in the upside as well as attractive deal terms.
Acquisition Deal Value
Competitive multiple of recurring income of generally between 3.5 and 4 times for high quality client banks or competitive multiple of EBITDA based on existing and targeted profit with a payment structure typically over 2 years.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors / IFA Firms where:
- All sizes of FuM where they are within a 30-mile radius of existing offices
- South Yorkshire, North & East Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
- East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, County Durham and Tyne & Wear
- London, Surrey, Kent, and Oxfordshire
- For firms with FuM of £250m or more with minimum 3 to 4 Financial Advisers would be ideal as potential new hubs anywhere in the UK (Hotspots – Scotland, North West, Midlands, Bristol, Southern England, South East and East Anglia)
- The bulk of investments are platform enabled or managed through DFM portfolios
- Supportive of clients having their investments managed by an integrated wealth proposition
- Firms with a hunger for growth requiring help to drive growth and either already have individuals in the business wanting to be part of this journey or require resources to make this happen
- There is a preference for a share sale to qualify for Entrepreneur Relief, typically the vendor will take run-off cover for c3 years post sale
Established in 2010 as primarily an investment management business and through a number of acquisitions of financial advice businesses they now provide clients with a fully integrated wealth management proposition. Since 2014 the firm has been a public limited company following its shares being listed on AIM.
Now with over £5bn Assets under Management, 16,000 clients, 180 employees of which c70 are client facing advisory and 15 offices and now in 3 countries across the world, offering a comprehensive range of financial planning and investment services.
Due to their size, your clients can benefit from economies of scale. As Restricted Whole of Market, they have open architecture which means your clients can remain on existing investment mandates on acquisition. With no set timescale to move clients to their centralised investment proposition, other than when in the client’s best interest to do so. Proud of their discretionary fund management offering which includes: Model Portfolio Service, Personal Portfolio Service with a dedicated Investment Manager or Bespoke Portfolio Service for active ongoing management or indeed Institutional Services for charities and corporate clients.
With a number of high-profile acquisitions of large regional IFA firms who also have experience of acquiring smaller sole adviser and partnerships firms they have built up a formidable proven track record of smooth handovers resulting in high retention of clients on acquisitions across all firm sizes.
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- Existing locations – all firm sizes e.g. from £20m FuM upwards
- Other locations – firm sizes with minimum £250m FuM
- High quality client banks with no legacy issues
- Well managed, well organised business and vendor having a cultural fit around client ethics shared with the acquirer
- Simple deal structure
- Efficient due diligence process
- Capital event in line with market leading terms
- Growth capital already in place via largest shareholders
- Operational team already in place to support integration and growth
- Opportunity to participate in ownership of publicly traded global wealth manager
- Executive board and shareholders with a proven track record of scaling significant businesses
- All size IFA firms within: South Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire, East Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire,) County Durham and Tyne & Wear, London, Surrey, Kent and Oxfordshire
- For firms with FuM of £250m or more anywhere in the UK (Hotspots – Scotland, North West, Midlands, Bristol, Southern England, South East and East Anglia
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.