Are you interested in selling your IFA business (any deal size from £25m upwards, no maximum) to one of the UK’s largest and highly respected Wealth Managers with over £50 billion of Assets under Management
where acquisition deals are non-contingent on moving to their inhouse investment solutions
vendors will not be penalised should any client get lost through moving them?
Sell and stay on post sale with the Acquirer for up to 2 years (tapered over the period) in an Ambassadorial capacity to oversee a smooth transition
Acquisition Deal Value
- Competitive multiple of recurring income – typically a multiple of recurring income is likely to be in the range of 3.5 to 4 times for the right client banks.
Unless the acquisition is typically £1billion plus, deals will generally be asset purchases. Consideration will be factored into some deals, towards covering additional corporation tax where Entrepreneur Relief is lost due to asset sales.
Vendors will be separately remunerated through a competitive employed contract for your Ambassadorial role. Your involvement will be tapered over the 2-year period and your salary will be pro rata your part time hours.
This is ideal for IFA firms where:
- You want a highly competitive offer from a company who have been managing clients wealth for well over 150 years, whose robust financials offers peace of mind and financial security
- You want to trust your Acquirer to be able to provide award winning expert ongoing financial planning and investment solutions to your loyal clients which provides continuity in their ongoing relationships
- Clients can opt for a range of competitively priced investment solutions that best suit each of their needs:
- Do it Yourself
- Do it For You
- Do it With you
- You can trust their inhouse award winning experts with over 250 financial planners (many of which are Chartered) across a network of 30 regional hubs and circa 300 Investment Managers that can make sure your clients’ money is working as hard as possible for them
- Their business model seeks to leverage the benefits that scale brings in terms of investment in resources, technology and marketing while also ensuring that clients receive a personal, boutique-like service provided by a trusted professional in their area
- External professional firms such as ARC Benchmarks compare their funds as favourable net performance after charges against other DFMs for different objective and risk categories, their portfolios are generally above average and often top quartile
- This directly authorised firm has open architecture enabling existing investment mandates to remain intact and will only be moved if it meets compliant advice that is in the client’s best interest
- You will be remunerated to stay on post sale to continue doing what you enjoy most i.e. dialogue with clients but being able to pass the advice processes to a Financial Adviser who will look after this for you
- Major USP – where the SPA will be non-contingent on clients moving to their inhouse investment solutions and you will continue to be paid in the unlikely event that a client leaves because of the acquisition or moving to a different investment solution
Having grown through acquisitions, this combined Wealth Management firm’s adjusted EBITDA for the last 12 months was over £100 million, demonstrating robust economies of scale and sustainable profitability. Assets under Management have grown to over £50 billion and this now places this wealth manager as one of the largest in the UK.
As a leading investment and financial planning group which builds on a heritage of more than 150 years they offer a range of services including financial planning, investment management and advice, plus a leading online platform for those who prefer to manage their own investments. They have won numerous awards including Wealth Manager of the Year, Best Discretionary/Advisory Wealth Manager, Best Low-cost SIPP Provider, Best Investment Platform, Best Advisory Service, plus many others.
Headquartered in London, the Group employs over 1,000 staff across their network of 30 offices, enabling them to support clients with a local service throughout the UK.
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- Minimum Funds under Management of £25m
- No maximum Funds under Management e.g. deals considered over £1bn
- Nationwide – all locations considered
- Ideally this will suit advisers looking to retire, but happy to stay on for up to 2 years post sale in an employed Ambassadorial role
Financial Advisor Acquisition Benefits
- Directly authorised, independent financial advice with open architecture
- Offers in-house award-winning investment solutions to best suit clients’ needs
- Competitive offers – typically 3.5 to 4 times recurring income
- Has substantial cash balances and robust profitability that underpins the payments
- Deals are not contingent on investments moving to CIP and the Acquirer takes responsibility for retaining clients post sale
- Opportunity to stay on post sale to support the transition of clients and retention to improve the client experience plus be rewarded with competitive employed remuneration
- Nationwide opportunities
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.