Are you a Financial Advisor / IFA firm with £100m+ of Funds Under Management and looking to sell your business to a well-capitalised nationwide independent financial advice and fund management group?
Sell and stay
Their preference is for Financial Advisors who are looking to retire in 2-4 years but looking to create a capital event now and bed your clients into the acquiring firm. This helps de-risk yourself as an Owner / Financial Advisor and by having you stay post sale on well paid salaries, it also helps minimise client attrition.
Sell and retire
They would also consider Financial Advisors looking to retire or exit financial services now but would still expect you to be available for handover meetings to ensure there is a smooth transition.
Acquisition Deal Value
They would be looking at using an adjusted EBITDA multiple of 6.5x – 7x. However, for very large businesses, they have stretched to 9 -10x. Typically with 50 – 60% paid upfront with the remaining paid over 2-4 years depending on what is agreed. Their average is a 3-year earnout.
They will offer a 30% upward adjustment so that you if your turnover grows during the deferred period, you will be financially rewarded for this by increasing the deferred payment by the same percentage increase. Equally this works this other way that if you’re turnover decreases, then future payments will be adjusted, however on all the deals they have done so far, none have decreased.
They will only consider share or LLP purchases which will enable you to benefit from Business Asset Disposal Relief.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors who:
- Want your clients to be looked after by an independent financial advice firm
- Only want to sell to a firm with the funds available in the bank
- Are seeking a deal which is non-contingent to clients moving across to any CIP
- Are looking for a share purchase
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- £100m plus of FuM
- Would consider dropping to c.£75m FuM if it was close to one of their existing hubs
- Preference is for Directly Authorised firms but they aren’t fully closed off to AR’s
- Will consider businesses with DB Transfers as long as they are under 20% of the FuM and meet deep dive checks on suitability of advice
- Their target for average holdings per household is £400k but aren’t closed off to firms which have slightly lower averages
- Need firms to have a minimum of 2 Advisors and ideally an office
- Normalised EBITDA of £400k+
A dynamic nationwide independent financial advice and fund management group. They were established in early 2019 with a single vision, to be the financial planning business of choice for discerning clients across the UK. They are led by a highly respected Senior Leadership team with 100+ years’ combined financial services experience.
Financial Advisor Client Acquisition Benefits
- Independent advice with open architecture
- Extremely strong financials to cover deferred payments
- Highly competitive EBITDA multiples
- Deals are non-contingent to moving across to their CIP / inhouse DFM
- Dedicated acquisition team to support the smooth transition of clients to maximise retention
- Tried and tested acquisition model having already completed on 5 deals with a further 3 in pipeline
- Financial Advisors staying on post sale will be remunerated competitively on a salary of up to £100k plus bonuses on new business.
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 or click Apply
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any valuation calculations and percentage of up front and deferred payments are given in good faith and Premier Jobs UK Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Premier Jobs UK Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Premier Jobs UK Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.