Are you a sizeable IFA firm with £90m to £500m and seeking an exit to a highly profitable privately owned niche wealth management firm whose Award-winning Multi-Asset Funds are ranked in the top 10 funds in their respective peer groups?
- Sell where the vendor stays on post sale as an Employed Adviser with the Acquirer for 24 months to oversee a smooth transition.
Acquisition Deal Value
Competitive multiple of recurring income of between 3 and 4 times with a payment structure typically over 2 years.
This is ideal for IFA firms where:
- They are based near the 4 existing hubs in Oxfordshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire.
- For larger firms i.e. between £150m and £500m our client would consider creating new geographical hubs, with a particular desire to create new offices in London, Liverpool and Leeds
- Share purchases will be considered, subject to limited-period personal guarantees / run-off cover
- The bulk of investments should be platform enabled or under discretionary mandates
- There is acceptance that clients investments will be better managed by specialist Investment managers with the vendor(s) support to manage help with the transition of:
o Clients with external DFM’s are mandated over to an in-house DFM shortly after acquisition.
o Advisory clients’ investments would be managed by in-house Discretionary Fund Managers under 6 risk-rated MPS, subject to a period of trust being built up between the client and new Financial Planner and only moved when this is in the best interests of the client
- Want to handover to a firm who have completed 14 acquisitions to date with a tried and tested proven model of high client retention
- Want the financial security of an Acquirer with substantial cash balances from retained profits to underpin the consideration price
This directly authorised IFA business with main offices in Oxfordshire, East Midlands and West Midlands was established over 40 years ago. Following a mixture of organic growth and a series of 14 acquisitions to date the privately owned group now manages c£1bn of Funds under Management of which over £900m is held in-house via their own DFM with 6 risk rated funds. Winning 7 industry awards over the last 5 years. Despite a challenging 12 months in fund management, their Multi-Asset Funds are ranked in the top 10 funds in their respective peer groups, over the 12 months at the end of February 2021.
With over 100 staff across the group, the firm look after private clients and corporates. They offer the services of cashflow modelling, and through partnerships with professional firms provide a tax return service, wills and LPOA so that clients have a one-stop-shop for their financial planning and investment needs. There are no initial, dealing or transaction charges with only ongoing fees.
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- Minimum Funds under Management of £90m
- Ideal locations – Oxfordshire, East Midlands and West Midlands
- For larger firms with FuM between £150m and £500m will consider creating other geographical hubs in all other parts of the UK – already having acquired other firms in Devon and South Wales and a desire to create new hubs in London, Liverpool and Leeds
- Vendor willing to stay on post sale for up to 24 months
- Vendor should be supportive of CIP as the future investment model for his/her clients, although there will be no set time cap which will be led by TCF and being in the clients best interests
Financial Advisor Acquisition Benefits
- Directly authorised, independent financial advice with open architecture
- Offers in-house award winning DFM for professional investment management solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Has substantial cash balances in place through retained profits for growth through acquisition
- Opportunity to stay on post sale to support transition of clients and retention
- FuM of £90m to £150m – Oxfordshire, east Midlands and West Midlands
- FuM of £150m to £500m – Nationwide opportunities
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.