Are you a Financial Adviser looking to retire or exit from the Financial Services industry with £250k or more of recurring income?
Our client company is a leading financial planning led IFA and Discretionary Wealth Management firm. Established in 1990 and subsequently floated on the AIM stock Exchange it is now wholly owned by an American Private Equity Firm. This partnership brings a strong strategic and cultural fit for all stakeholders and with a history of raising £5bn of capital this will enable them to service growing client needs and grow market share through further acquisitions. With its Head Office based in the Midlands, it has 13 additional offices across the UK. Providing wealth management and financial advisory services to over 20,000 clients in the UK. These services are delivered by over 200 financial advisers and 400 support staff. They now look after £6bn of FuM and are looking to further expand their team of IFAs across the UK. This company is highly profitable and cash generating as well as having substantial funding available, meaning that they have a robust financial standing for vendors seeking financial protection. They have an excellent track record with over 60 acquisitions under their belt with a high retention rate of clients, which means your clients will be well looked after and generally only leave if they die!
Option – Immediate Buy-out
This is ideal if:
- You are considering retirement
- You want a fair and highly competitive price for your client bank
- You would like a structured, simple handover that is sensitive to your clients
- You only want to deal with a financially sound and highly reputable Independent Financial Advisory firm
- You want your clients to be looked after by local IFAs from their adviser team with a national footprint
Option – Sale of Business with opportunity for Advisers to stay post sale
This is ideal if:
- The business owner is considering retirement but wanting other Advisers in the business to stay post sale
- You want a fair and highly competitive price for your business
- You would like open architecture to allow your client to stay on existing mandates where these best meet the clients’ needs, however through economies of scale have access to inhouse DFM with lower TER’s
Option – Deferred Buy-out
This is ideal if:
- You are planning to retire within the next couple of years, but want to tie-in a fair price for your business now
- You would like to spend more time with clients, than on compliance issues
- You would welcome help with Consumer Duty, administration, paraplanning and being part of an experienced team of fellow professionals
- Add value to your business whilst planning your exit strategy
- Or you would like to segment your clients and sell a portion whilst continuing to service your existing clients
- You would like to arrange a partial sale of your clients now e.g. 60% share now with immediate upfront payment and from any time after the end of the 2-year deferred period you can exercise the sale of your remaining share.
- Generally 4x (or better) of trail / ongoing fee income. Usually work on a multiple of recurring income but for bigger businesses they will look at an EBITDA of 5x – 8x
- Typical deal structure of 50% upfront on completion, 25% at 12 months and 25% at 24 months
- Their professional support team will help deal with the increasing demands and challenges facing IFAs, such as paraplanning, report writing, client investment reviews and training.
- This firm combine traditional independent financial adviser services with Discretionary Portfolio Management and Stockbroking, so that they can capitalise on investment opportunities and provide their clients with a complete range of investments and wealth management services.
- This buyout option is available for retiring IFAs looking to leave their clients in the best possible hands and be provided with a fair price for your client bank.
- Happy with both share and asset purchases
- Happy to keep clients on existing mandates unless it is in their best interests to be moved
- You must be a Financial Adviser, with an established client bank with ongoing trail of minimum £250,000 (no maximum)
- Will consider DBTs as long as it isn’t a large proportion of the FuM and there is no British Steel
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 or click Apply
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any valuation calculations and percentage of up front and deferred payments are given in good faith and Premier Jobs UK Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Premier Jobs UK Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Premier Jobs UK Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.