Are you a Financial Advisor based in East Anglia seeking retirement or exit from the financial services?
Sell and Go
This would suit an Adviser looking to give up being an Authorised Adviser, although be available for handover meetings to ensure there is a smooth transition.
Sell and Stay
This option would suit Advisers looking to stay post sale by creating a capital event and relieve themselves from the burdensome compliance of running an IFA business, whilst not ready to give up advising for the next few years leading up to their retirement.
Join as a Self Employed Appointed Representative with deferred sale terms
There is an opportunity for an Adviser to join the firm as an Authorised Appointed Representative benefitting from the firm’s compliance and back-office support, but not yet ready to sell.
Acquisition Deal Value
Offering competitive acquisition deals for Financial Advisors would be considered on a case-by-case basis. Options will include a longer earn-out basis over 5 years where any uplift in recurring income from Adviser Charges and Investment Fees will be shared with the vendor e.g. could potentially be worth 5 times existing trail at 0.5%.
The Acquiring Company
This family-owned IFA firm was established in 2001. They are Directly Authorised with the FCA with open architecture. With a team of 4 IFAs the firm manage over £100m of Funds under Management. Following a previous acquisition, the client and adviser footprint covers the area from Kings Lynn to Colchester and over to Cambridge. Their platform of choice is Aviva, whilst using other platforms such as Quilter and Embark, plus other providers such as Royal London.
Additionally, the firm run their own in-house MPS.
The firm are advocates of estate planning and through Wills and Trusts they generally get to know the next generation with a high success record of these becoming clients in their own right and helping with retention of managing investments through the generations.
Their initial advice fees are generally capped, and their ongoing adviser charge is usually 0.75% plus 0.25% fund management charge. No fees are charged for switches.
The firm would not intend making any immediate changes to either investment proposition or charging structure following acquisition until they have built a solid relationship with the client and any change would need to be in the client’s best interest.
The firm’s aim has always been to keep things simple and never over-complicate advice to enable their clients to understand the financial decisions they have made.
Favoured by their professional introducers the firm use encrypted email communication.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors:
- Considering retirement
- Would like a structured handover that is sensitive to your clients who have had previous experience of acquiring client banks in the past
- Only want to deal with a local long-established family business that is profitable with strong financials to provide peace of mind for deferred payments
- Want a firm with Open Architecture, where they will leave existing investment mandates untouched if this still meets the client’s best interests and have an excellent performance record of creating their own in-house MPS.
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- 1 – 2 person firms with the principal(s) wishing to retire
- Clients predominantly located in East Anglia
- Ideal for IFA’s favouring a longer earnout and sharing any uplifts in recurring income
- A seamless transition which enables you to still be available in the background if they had any queries and to support the adviser – thus maximising retention of clients
- No immediate changes to existing Investment Mandates or Ongoing Adviser Charges
- Confidence of financial stability for deferred and longer earnout options
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.