Are you a Financial Advisor seeking an exit from financial services with up to £100m of Funds under Management with the added option available of retaining an equity stake in your business and retaining own branding style, whilst continuing to drive growth which you will benefit from any uplifts when valuing the sale of the remaining equity share?
- Sell and retire immediately
- Sell and stay on post sale as an Employed Adviser with the Acquirer
- Sell part of your business e.g. 60% or 80% and stay on to drive growth
Acquisition Deal Value
Competitive multiple of recurring income of between 3 and 4 times or competitive multiple of EBITDA based on existing and targeted profit with a payment structure typically over 2 years.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors where:
- They are based in England and are south of York or north of Bristol.
- The bulk of investments are platform enabled
- There is acceptance that clients investments will be better managed by specialist Investment managers and will help with the transition of:
- Clients with external DFM’s are mandated over to an in-house DFM shortly after acquisition.
- Advisory clients’ investments would be managed by in-house Discretionary Fund Managers under MPS or Bespoke, subject to a period of trust being built up between the client and new Financial Planner and only moved when this is in the best interests of the client
- Want to handover to a firm whose Managing Director was one of three lead directors with a successful track record of making double digit acquisitions of small and mid-size IFA firms until ultimately completing a reverse takeover of a new group securing a further 280 advisers and growing assets to over £4bn and group turnover of £24m, subsequently securing a listing on AIM and ultimately plc.
- Require a firm with multi-million-pound funding in place for suitable ongoing acquisition programme of around 1 deal per quarter
This directly authorised IFA business with footholds in West Midlands and East Midlands was established in 2016. Whilst this is a relatively new business it has just completed its first acquisition in 2021 plus the individuals behind the firm have a long history in financial services.
The principal shareholder is one of few individuals to be both a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI). She has a special interest in cohesive wealth management and model portfolios. With a Masters in Legal Practice, is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and is an External Specialist on the Private Client Investment Advice & Management subject panel for the CISI. In 2018, she won the Investment advisor of the year award at the Women In Financial Advice Awards. She was shortlisted in the prestigious Financial Advisor of the Year category in the 2019 Women in Finance awards. She has been Highly Commended in the Investment Advice Specialist in the 2019 Personal Finance Awards.
The managing Director has worked in financial services for 30 years taking roles as an adviser up to board level of a FTSE 100 company. Having spent his first 10 years in the insurance home service divisions of 3 major direct sales force, he moved into the IFA world in 2001 building his own businesses based on the skills and knowledge he had learned in his early years where treating customers fairly was paramount. In 2014 his company was listed on the AIM market having achieved growth via 13 acquisitions.
For many years they have been seeking to secure clients a better service and investment strategy than has been available in the mainstream. Launching their white labelled DFM in April / May 2021, they are able to demonstrate past performance within the core fund management house authorised in 2012, which has already won awards such as a full five crown rating by FE Trustnet in 2019, recognising the outstanding fund performance over the last three years.
The benefits of excellent investment management combined with cash flow and structural financial planning ensure clients are optimally positioned to achieve and maintain financial freedom. This along with the combination of expertise, technology and the experience of a strong team they are now perfectly positioned to deliver and achieve clients goals.
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- Ideal locations – anywhere between south of York and north of Bristol
- Bulk of investments should be platform enabled
- Adviser fee charging from 0.25% to 1% considered
- Vendor should be supportive of CIP as the future investment model for his/her clients, where appropriate and in the clients best interest
Financial Advisor Client Acquisition Benefits
- Directly authorised, independent with open architecture
- Offers in-house DFM for professional investment management solutions to meet clients needs
- Has funding in place for growth through acquisition
- Opportunity to stay on post sale with added flexibility of retaining a stake in your own business and maintaining trading style
England (anywhere south of York and north of Bristol)
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.