A Chartered Accountancy firm with 6 Offices across East Anglia has a substantial budget available to acquire local Independent Financial Advice firm(s) to create a financial planning division?
This regional firm of Chartered Accountants has a heritage spanning 50 years and serves over 5,000 business clients. With a team of c50 Accountants and further 100 staff across the group with offices in Cambridge, Norwich, Ipswich and three others across East Anglia. They are seeking to acquire an existing IFA firm or firms to create established hub(s) and then grow their new financial planning division through IFAs working with the vast team of Accountants for cross referrals of business owners and private clients.
Options for the business owner(s) on selling SME firms where the advisers and support staff to remain post sale
‘Sell and Go’
This option would suit Business owners who are ready to exit / retire from advising whilst being available in an ‘Ambassadorial’ capacity to oversee a smooth handover of clients and transition of existing advisers and staff to the new owners.
‘Sell and Stay’ post sale up to 2 years
Financial Advisors who are not ready to stop advising immediately and want to be fully involved with the transition would suit this option. Thus, those that want a capital event now, but happy to stay on as an authorised Adviser / Supervisor under the new Acquirer post sale to embed the transition and change of control under FCA authorisation.
Dependent on location there would be an opportunity to consider moving the financial planning operation to one of the six existing accountancy offices or to leave the business in situ.
This is ideal for Independent Financial Advisor firms based anywhere in East Anglia area
- You are seeking to sell your IFA business and protect the jobs of existing Advisors and Support Staff
- You want a fair and competitive price for your client bank / business
- You would like your clients to receive an ongoing service from a trusted local Chartered IFA firm with a heritage spanning 50 years
- Open architecture where the intention would be to adopt the same investment mandates given that this is a new venture without an established centralised investment proposition in place – thus clients having little change to existing arrangements
- Share purchases will be considered to benefit sellers qualifying for Entrepreneur Relief
- Wanting a buyer with healthy net worth evidenced in their posted accounts to underpin the consideration price
- 3 to 4 times trail / ongoing fee income or up to 6 times EBITDA
- Typically, 50% upfront, followed by 25% at 12 months and 25% at 24 months
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- Clean compliance and complaint history
- Based in East Anglia
- Business heritage of over 50 years
- Operating from six well-appointed office premises across East Anglia
- Opportunity for your business to thrive and grow
- Expert tax advice available for clients
- Large budget to support acquisition of Financial Planning business(es) with substantial net worth across group companies
- With an existing staff of c150 they can offer your existing advisers and staff a dynamic working environment with many opportunities to develop their skills, qualifications and achievements
East Anglia (Norwich, Cambridge, Ipswich, Kings Lynn, Dereham, Great Yarmouth)
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.