Are you a large IFA firm with significant Funds under Management seeking buyout terms of 7 to 8 times EBITDA?

Our newly formed client’s goal

Our client, whose board consists of leading industry names is seeking to establish a Hub and Spoke IFA acquisition model to achieve £1bn of Funds under Management. Their short-term goal is to acquire its first IFA in the next three-to-six months with ideally £500m of FuM (minimum £300m).

The company is similarly seeking to grow additional spokes to attach to its initial hub through acquisitions of IFA firms with minimum £100m FuM

This IFA Acquisition deal is for you if:

  • You either have over £100m FuM or c£300m – £500m FuM (both amounts will be handled differently)
  • You want to achieve a high EBITDA multiple of circa 7 to 8 times or circa 3.5 times recurring income
  • The option to increase your earnout by integrating other acquisitions appeals to you
  • You want a high percentage upfront payment of up to 60% with the remaining 40% in deferred payments over 3 – 4 years
  • You only want to exit to a firm whose board has over 100 years in combined experience in various sectors such as financial planning, asset management and law
  • Due diligence will be conducted by some of the world’s best – Shipleys LLP and KMPG
  • You want to stay on for between 1 – 3 years to be part of the transition process
  • Remaining fully independent is important to you, your staff and your clients
  • Your clients would like to have undisturbed existing investment mandates and adviser charges during the initial couple of years whilst building new adviser relationships and only moving to a new investment platform if in the client’s best interest to do so
  • Your firm has discretionary powers, however this is not essential

The Acquiring Company:

  • Has a board of directors with over 110 years combined professional experience
    • CEO holds a Master’s degree in Finance and Investments
    • Non-Executive Chairman is the Managing Partner of a prominent financial services firm
    • Non-Executive Directors include: CEO of a leading law firm, experienced city portfolio manager, compliance expert and established wealth manager
  • Working with external professionals from KPMG, Shipleys and Fieldfisher for reputable and trustworthy due diligence
  • Is driven to innovate, achieving superior portfolio management through in-house fund management and utilising modern fintech techniques
  • Very goal orientated and focused on sustainable growth by promoting ethics, innovation, and superior portfolio management
  • Raising capital through its board and external private equity and debt partners to achieve substantial growth through acquisitions of suitable IFA businesses in creating a company with £1bn Funds under Management

Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further

Liability and Disclaimer

The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.

<< Back