Are you a Financial Advisory business based in London or Home Counties serving UK nationals or ex-Pat clients and wanting to sell to a long-established privately owned IFA firm with offices in the UK and across the world?
Sell and retire or sell and stay
Acquisition Deal Value
Would consider paying 3 to 4 times recurring income for the right client bank with a payment structure, typically over 2 to 4 years.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors based in London or the Home Counties and due to being one of the largest international IFA’s would also suit UK IFA businesses with ex-Pat connections where you:
- Are considering retirement and want your clients to be looked after by an experienced and well-respected IFA firm that have been set up in the UK for over 20 years and across the world for more than 35 years
- Want independent financial advice with open architecture and no vertical integration or CIP in place for your clients
- With passporting licences still in place in Cyprus post Brexit this would be an ideal acquirer for IFAs with Ex-Pat clients in Europe to continue servicing clients with bona-fide dual passporting in place through their sister business which is one of Europe’s largest networks
- Want fair and transparent client charging – generally 0.75% to 1% ongoing and up to 3% initial
- This is also ideal for firms where the principal is seeking retirement, but wants the acquirer to continue with AR / RI contracts in place for their self-employed advisers and potentially retain the office and support staff
This privately owned international firm was established over 35 years ago. The UK division is run predominantly by father and son with 10 IFA’s in total. With open architecture any acquisition can remain on existing investment mandates. Their UK platforms / providers / DFMs of choice are typically AJ Bell, Old Mutual, Scottish Life, Novia, Brooks Macdonald, Charles Stanley, Quilter Cheviot and Smith Williamson. Their ethos is to provide financial planning advice and not be involved in stock picking. With UK revenues in 7 figures and strong profitability with multi-million pound revenues worldwide this firm has adequate cash resources to cover most acquisitions irrespective of size.
The overall group has worldwide offices in the UK, USA, Cayman Islands, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Malta and Cyprus.
The UK footprint of existing advisers include:
- London / M25
- South Essex
- Luton / Chilterns
- Reading / Berkshire
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- Clean client banks with no compliance issues or upheld complaints
- Will consider client banks with a small element of previous DB Pension transfers
- Average client holdings should be £100k or more and ideally but not essentially, over £150k/£200k
- Will consider client banks with ex-pats that require ongoing servicing in Europe
- Due to the financial strength of the shareholders – no minimum or maximum FuM / RI
Financial Advisor Client Acquisition Benefits
- Long established firm of over 35 years
- Highly successful track record of providing a comprehensive IFA service to UK and offshore clients
- Open architecture – no immediate changes to investment or charging structures
London or Home Counties
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.