Are you a Financial Advisor(s) based in South London, or the South East wanting to sell your IFA business to an experienced Acquirer with added expertise and financial backing of one of the industry’s top Acquisition Guru’s looking to help grow the firm from £150m FuM to £1bn FuM over the next 3 – 5 years?
Sell and retire – acquisition option
This option would suit Financial Advisors, (1 – 2 person firms) considering retirement and willing to stay on post sale to fully embed client integration to the Acquiring firm and new Adviser relationship.
Acquisition Deal Value
Competitive multiple of 3 to 3.5 times recurring income (higher for exceptional client holdings) with cash payment terms of 50% upfront followed by 25% at the end of Year 1 and 25% at the end of Year 2.
This is ideal for Financial Advisors based within the M25 or extending to the South Coast and Oxfordshire where you:
- Are considering retirement and want your clients to be looked after by an independent financial advice firm
- Want the acquirer to have open architecture, where client’s investments can remain on existing mandates and charging structures, with no plans for immediate changes unless where the firm can add clear value to the client
- Would like the firm to have a sound investment proposition by utilising an award-winning platform and outsourcing investment management to a boutique multi-asset investment manager based in London with competitive charges and sound investment performance track record
- Want to handover to a firm with previous experience of acquisitions
- Are assured of the firm’s investment experience through managing £150m Funds under Management generating over £1m in recurring income with its business plan to continue growth over the next 3 to 5 years to achieve £1bn FuM
- Require a financially robust firm with investments in place to stand behind the payment structure
This is a chartered financial planning business based in South West London. They have been in business over 25 years and boast a team of highly qualified and experienced specialists.
Their clients are predominantly entrepreneurs, owners of small to medium sized businesses and self-employed professionals who are generating wealth or those planning or now in retirement who are receivers of wealth. Their existing client footprint is predominantly South West London, although this also extends to the South Coast – Southampton to Brighton and up as far as Oxford.
The firm manage c£150m of Funds under Management with ongoing Adviser Fee charging which is typically 0.85%.
The firm is directly authorised with the FCA with open architecture. Their investment proposition is predominantly held on Transact Platform and running discretionary model portfolios overseen by London based boutique Investment Managers.
They have successfully acquired two IFA businesses previously and are in the process of considering other deals,
IFA Client Bank Criteria
- 1 – 2 person firms with the principal(s) wishing to retire
- Based within the M25 or extending to the South Coast and Oxfordshire
- Firm with Recurring Income of £75K – £350k per annum
- However, will consider deals above or below these thresholds or firms located in other parts of the Home Counties / South East.
Financial Advisor Client Acquisition Benefits
- Directly authorised, independent with open architecture
- Outsources cost effective investment management solutions with excellent performance track record
- Office located in South West London
- Business established over 20 years ago with sound financials and excellent track record
- Backing of industry experienced Guru in Financial Advice and Acquisitions
London and South East (within the M25, extending to the South Coast and Oxfordshire)
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.