UK investment firm, headquartered in London with the financial backing of a billion-dollar global company has ambitious targets to acquire up to 30 IFA firms across the UK to create a national IFA business over the next 18 months.
Our client’s goal
- To acquire 20 – 30 IFA businesses across the depth and breadth of the UK within the next 18 months
- Interested in individual firms of all sizes up to £10m consideration
- Ideally, vendors will stay on post sale for 12 – 24 months or firms with Advisers and support staff who will TUPE to the new business to maximise retention of clients.
Acquisition Deal Value
Offering competitive acquisition deals of typically 3 to 5 times recurring income payment structure of 50% upfront and 2 deferred payments of 25% at 12 and 24 months plus a salary and bonus structure for Advisers staying on post sale.
On larger deals due diligence will be reviewed by PWC who already act extensively for our client including fund administration. Highly competitive EBITDA multiples being offered for larger businesses
Share sales are agreeable as well as defined benefit pension transfers being considered subject to due diligence on sample file checking for suitable past advice.
This IFA Acquisition deal is for you if you:
- Would want to retain the bulk of investments on existing mandates – hence minimum client disruption
- Would be receptive to moving c10% of client portfolios to ‘low’ or ‘medium’ risk in-house funds as part of the asset class diversification, whilst meeting client’s attitude to risk
- Want an Acquirer who has been FCA regulated for 10 years, whose clients in the UK and internationally include Governments, banks and large institutions
- Have lower client fund holdings or high net worth clients – our Acquirer wants to be open to doing business with clients of all sizes
- Are not ready to fully retire and would like to stay post sale for 12 – 24 months
The Acquiring Company:
Our Client is a UK investment firm headquartered in central London. Authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority, it identifies, evaluates and structures prime investment opportunities for its clients. The company provides wealth management, capital markets and associated advisory services to companies. Equity investment through a billion-dollar global company, managing the international assets of a middle-eastern family dynasty and other assets internationally will be injecting equity to support our client’s ambitious acquisition programme with unlimited spending of up to 30 IFA businesses over the next 18 months.
The aim of the acquisition programme is that this will build a network of independent financial planning advisers with open architecture where the bulk of investments can remain on existing platforms and providers, whilst our client’s investment products would be promoted for up to 10% of portfolios. Thereby, maintaining suitable client portfolio diversification. The company’s ethos would be to avoid upsetting clients or advisers by having little disruption whilst building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- All firm sizes considered
- All locations considered
- All portfolio types considered including high volume of lower value clients or high-net worth individuals
- Preferably the vendor is prepared to stay post sale for 12 – 24 months
- Businesses with self-employed advisers that are willing to offer their clients as part of the sale and stay on post sale would be considered.
Call us now on 0208 0044 162 to discuss this further
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any on target earnings information are given in good faith and IFA Acquisitions Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, IFA Acquisitions Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by IFA Acquisitions Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.